Monday, October 22, 2012

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

The emphasis this month is on Breast Cancer. As a two time survivor, I feel this should be a year long emphasis!!!

For those who do not know, I have had breast cancer twice. In 1994, calcifications were found during a mammogram screening. I had a lumpectomy followed by radiation. In 1997, again during a mammogram screening, it was found again. This time I had a mastectomy. The second time I felt as if my world was caving in. I was so frightened that it was back. The good news was, the lymph nodes were clear and the doctors felt  the mastectomy was all I needed. I am grateful for the information I received from the American Cancer Society and have participated in many fundraisers since then to raise money for cancer research. Tackling this disease has changed a lot since I went through it. Early detection is key and my advice to everyone is to get a MAMMORAM!! They are not that bad and can make a world of difference in your diagnosis.

Anyway, here is a little pink card for anyone going through this now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)