Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Creative Jumpstart

I have been following  Creative Jumpstart all month! Nathalie Kalbach organized the most wonderful and inspiring men and women to show us ways to get those creative juices flowing. There are videos of techniques and ideas or prompts to get us going. I have found each and every one truly inspiring and have been trying some of them.

Today there were three techniques from Dina Wakely - how to stamp on tissue paper to add to your journal or canvas, how to use watercolor crayons on your stamps and how to do a resist for pan pastels. I was so inspired that I quick grabbed my art journal before work and tried two of these techniques.
I tired  the resist on the blue and red butterflies and applied the black tissue butterfly over those. I worked with 30 year old pastels which are probably not as good as Panpastels but they worked for now.

I am so happy to be learning so many new techniques!! I am very thankful to Nathalie and all of the presenters at Creative Jumpstart!

2 comments:

  1. You, my friend, need to be posting these wonderful creations on the FB page for Creative JumpStart. I love what you did.

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)