Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July dare and Monday Magazine Inspiration

Tracy's July Dare is to show how Mixed Media Mondays has moved/influenced you. My question is how has it not?? A few years ago, I learned about mixed media canvases. I gave it a try and found I enjoyed it even though my efforts were not stellar. I kept experimenting and then I found Tracy and became a member of our little:) group. I have learned so many new things and am encouraged to keep trying and playing.


I also used Paper's Crafter's Corners Monday magazine inspiration for this.


My leaves are made from tiny squares of book text. I used one of my Gelli Plate papers for the background!

This is a mix of products including water colors, acrylic paints, black pen, stencils, a stamp, etc.

Thank you to Tracy and Steph for inspiring me!!

5 comments:

  1. SO SO happy you found me and the group Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean,

    I'm so glad we are inspiring you to create! You are also inspiring me by submitting something to our Magazine Mondays challenge almost every week - I need to get busy! ;)

    Love the collaged layering.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are stellar in more ways than art!! LOVE this piece! ( which video of hers did you use for your inspiration? ) waving hi from he hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)