Sunday, November 26, 2017

O Christmas Tree

You know how you go to craft show/sales and say "I could do that". Well, I finally did it. My friend and I had seen book paper trees which ran about $20. After looking at what they were made of, we thought this is one thing we could pull off.

I used shish kabob skewers for the stem, Shakespeare book paper, old buttons and ribbon. The base is a wood spool painted gold and glued to a coaster that I covered with Christmas paper.



 The lowest papers are about 4 inches and the smallest 1 inch. I used 5 per grouping and fanned them out. I used cardboard between the layers. The ones we had seen used corks but I did not have enough.
I am still working on getting them not to lean but I think they came out quite good. I will add them to my Christmas decor when I get that all out.

Thank you for letting me share. I hope you are enjoying this sunny Sunday!


2 comments:

  1. Oh beautifully done. I can imagine these done with coloured paper too... or old bits of painted/art paper cut up...even completely sprayed... I feel inspired by these trees!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)