Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Letters to Lauren

I have a four month old granddaughter. Even though she lives in Phoenix and I live in Michigan, I have been traveling to see her almost every month. She is growing so quickly! Thank goodness for facetime when we are not there.

I had seen a story on line where a grandfather kept a journal for his granddaughter. I thought that was an amazing idea so I started Letters to Lauren. After each visit, I  write her a letter. I share how much she has grown, what she has learned, what we did and more. I wanted some place special to keep these letters so I decorated a plain pencil box.









I had the perfect papers to use - Mix and Match Sugar and Spice Pad from CanvasCorpBrands 

Mix & Match Pad - Sugar & Spice

First I gave the box two coats of paint. I also added a thin coat of Vanilla over the Pink.


I started building the layers on the top, beginning with the  Baby Girl Quotes and a banner from the It's a Girl Sampler 


Baby Girl Quotes on Ivory PaperBaby Girl: It's A Girl Sampler on Ivory Paper

Ribbon added texture and I cut out her initials from the Pink and Ivory Baby Girl Alpha
 and backed it with black corrugated paper

Baby Girl: Pink & Ivory Baby Girl Alpha Paper

To finish it, I created a cluster around one of the quotes in the paper pad

I could not leave the inside plain. I again used the quote paper, ribbon and another quote.  Pink Polka Dot paper finishes the inside.



I included a tag which is titled "What I Want For You" which sums up my feelings perfectly. 

I have three letters in here so far and will be adding another at the end of August.

I am not including a photo of my adorable granddaughter because I am honoring my daughter's wishes not to post any baby photos on line. You will just have to believe me when I say she is the cutest!

I you have enjoyed this special project! I cannot wait to give it to Lauren when she is older!

4 comments:

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)