Friday, June 18, 2021

A Busy Week

 It has been a busy week. We had new landscaping done at our house and they finally finished. I took a watercolor painting class. And, we are hosting two caddies who are in town for the LPGA event this week. It is always fun to visit with them and watch the ladies golf. 

I did have time to complete a scrapbook layout. My granddaughter loves taking classes even if they have to be via zoom. 




I used this sketch from StickitDown





The art show last weekend was very successful for our art group. I had a good show as well selling probably half of my cards. On Tuesday I participated in a watercolor class at a local gallery. The theme was vases and violets. 

Here is my inspiration and my finished piece. 



It is not yet finished but it is a good start. 

I am adding this to PaintpartyFriday. Please stop by there and visit all of the artists. So many talented works to look at!

As many bloggers, I have been working on changing how my blog posts are sent out. If you are not already, please subscribe using one of the subscribe buttons at the top. IF you have any questions or are getting too many emails from me, please contact me using the contact button. 

I appreciate those of you who do follow and thank each of you for your comments! They make my day!! 





 



19 comments:

  1. Glad your art sale went well, congrats, and for being featured at PPF today. Glad you are able to Zoom with your granddaughter. Your water colours are wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant ~ looks beautiful ~ congrats on art show and great photo collage too ~ Xo ~ Congrats also on being featured on PPF today ~ Happy Weekend to you ~

    Live in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are so pretty Jean. How fun to take more courses! :)

    ReplyDelete

  4. Great photo collage!
    That is very pretty the flower!
    Congratulations on selling your card collection and have fun with your course.
    Have a happy Weekend, hugs-Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely painting. I'm so glad your art exhibition went well. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous violet painting, and great you sold your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the painting is gorgeous. Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super scrapbook collage. Hooray for selling your art! And your violet is gorgeous. Congrats on being featured at Paint Party Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes school here is still online. My granddaughter has to wear her school uniform even to attend zoom classed

    Happy PPF

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful watercolor painting!
    I appreciate you have covered the child’s face.
    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely lay-out using this months Stick it Down single page challenge! Love how you stayed true to sketch but still used standard size photo's Sherry DT~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute layout - I love the title work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm happy your daughter is a wise, smaart parent!!! Children should have right to decide what they want to publish of themselves (when they are old enough to understand what it means).
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice week. :) Glad your granddaughter learns. And congratulations on selling a lot of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a beautiful collage capturing the current time. So wonderful that she loves the online classes. Beautiful flower painting too!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful painting btw. Great take on the sketch. I like your grid of photos! Perfect for your theme. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)