History: In 2006, Fiskars created Fiskateers.com - which consisted of a blog, forums and gallery. As people joined the community, they were consecutively assigned identifying numbers, added to their online user names. In fact Fiskars sent everyone a pair of scissors with their number on it. I am # 7358 A vibrant, close-knit creative community evolved from this event. Membership was required to view the gallery and forums and participate in the Fiskateer events. In December of 2013, Fiskars closed the forums and gallery.
Who We Are: Over 140 numbered Fiskateers wanted to maintain the community they cherished, and so the Fiskafriends Facebook group was created. For privacy reasons, the group FB status is secret, however any numbered Fiskateer is welcome to join the group.
March 27th-29th, we are celebrating our First Anniversary with a Fiskafriend Blog Hop. You do not have to be a Fiskafriend to visit and comment on our bloggers' posts. This hop is open to everyone! International visitors included! The theme of the hop is Anything Goes, so be prepared to find a variety of creative projects and ideas.
Giveaway prizes? Of course! Everyone loves a giveaway! We will have an end of the hop giveaway with fabulous prizes. In addition to the end of the hop giveaway, some of our bloggers are offering giveaway prizes of their own on their posts.
I want to welcome you to my blog. If you are a new visitor, I'd love it if you would follow and/or sign up for my email.
It has been a busy two years for my family. In October 2013, my daughter was engaged. Our son followed with his engagement in February of 2014. In September 2014 Jennifer was married and this June will be Rob's wedding.
You can imagine what I have been working on!! I thought I would share some of these projects with you.
In June we had a lovely shower for Jennifer and I was happy to make decorations!
Jennifer, her dad and I made the favors for her wedding. It was a sweet little bottle which we filled with thyme grown in our garden. Each bottle had two tags - one which said "Thank you for spending this thyme with us" and the other with their names and the date. We made 150 of them!
Of course, I did manage to make a layout of this!
The photographer took over 1700 photos which I have also started scrapping!
Thank you for stopping by and for letting me share what I have been up to! Stay tuned for more wedding projects and layouts!
Leave a comment to be entered into my drawing (sorry US only). To be eligible for the Sponsor's prizes please leave a comment on the three Preview Posts. Then go back to the Blog hop post and leave a comment.
If you are lost or need to start at the beginning, please go to FISKAFRIENDS to start the hop!!
Here is the complete list of hoppers:
- Jean Bullock, #8889, http://ez3dpopups.blogspot.com
- Susan Slomski, #6150, http://sueinct.blogspot.com
- Cindy deRosier, #4113, http://www.cindyderosier.com
- Tifany DeGough, #5942, http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com
- Cheryl Waters, #002, http://blog.artsyfindings.com
- Jean Marmo, #7358, http://pagesintime.blogspot.com/ (You are here)
- Teresa Godines #6857 http://purplebunnypapercrafts.blogspot.com/ (Go to Teresa next)
- Michelle O'Driscoll #7586 http://scrapbookingsos.blogspot.ca/
- Nancy Carroll #11488 http://nancecarroll.blogspot.com
- Maya Oren-Dahan #351 http://mayadahan.blogspot.com
- Amy Martin Jones #8546 http://thetigershaven.blogspot.com/
- Karen Poirier-Brode (Ladydoc) #2858 http://www.karenscorneroftheweb.blogspot.com
- Tanya Napier #5407 http://mamabirdy-happinessishomemade.blogspot.com/
- Pamela Haskin #8040 www.cottagebelow.com
- Stasia Sloma #9314 http://www.stampzone.blogspot.com
- Tracy Moloney #6773 http://tracyscraftyadventures.blogspot.com.au/
- Kim Chenez #5612 http://scrapbooknstampingfun.blogspot.com/
I will send a small RAK to one of my commenters.(Sorry but US only). Please be sure to leave your email address so I can contact you.
Thank you again for visiting and commenting! I love hearing from each of you!