Friday, August 9, 2019

Time to play

My daughter and her family came last weekend for a quick visit. Spent my time chasing the 2 year old and holding the 3 month old. But, it was such fun! They needed to escape the heat in Phoenix and Michigan showed them the perfect weather. I collapsed on Tuesday after they left and after I cleaned and did laundry!

I did find my mojo yesterday though and got out some paints to play. I had seen some projects using paint and string so wanted to give it a try. I am still trying to find my niche in the art world:):)

So here are my newest experiments!










The first three are flowers and the last is supposed to be an angel. I do kind of like how they came out. I used old canvases so the backgrounds of the flowers are not perfect. I might give these a go again using new canvases. I was just experimenting and did not know how they would turn out.

Thank you for joining me on this artistic adventure:) Adding this to PaintpartyFriday! Please check out the wonderful inspiration there!

As always I appreciate your kind words!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun time with your grandchildren. Love your string art-work, you did very well. I tried it, but apart from a mess and a ruined jeans I had nothing to show for it! Glad you liked the photos taken here in Germany, there are some beautiful places here. I like living in an ancient town which is over 1300 years old. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous and I love the texture that you were able to capture using old canvases.
    It sounds like a nice visit from your daughter even great exercise chasing one grandchild while holding another :)
    Happy PPF 💮

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely mixed media creations ~ divine artwork ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZA! Love your string experiments! I think they're lovely! I've watched the videos and have wanted to try that too. Looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very exquisite string paintings, Jean! Stunning for a first try! How great that you had the little grands to play with and squeeze! It's such precious time even though they are exhausting, lol! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)