Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Eeek - This is happening!

 I am a member of the local art group, The Rogue River Artists. One of our members met with a local coffee shop to discuss displaying our art. We are now displaying, one member a month. I am up for the month of November! 

I cannot tell you how nerve wracking and excited I was as I walked into the shop with my paintings. I had the girl who set it up come and help me hang things. My 12 paintings quickly found spaces on the wall. 

For those who may not know, this has been a long journey for me:) I have a twin sister who got the art and music gene. I got math and science. I would shy away from anything having to do with painting or drawing because she was so good at it. My job at a bookstore was eliminated in 2015 and for the heck of it, I took a community education painting class. I started dabbling with mixed media by using my scrapbooking papers along with paints, stamps and stencils to create canvases.  The class teacher encouraged me to join the Rogue River Artists. I did and have been a member ever since. At times I still feel like I am not an artist and doubt my work. The group has been so encouraging and helpful and my skills have grown. I am just amazed when I look at those paintings on the coffee shop walls!







I need to go back and straighten some of the frames - we were trying to work around customers:)I also need to get a photo of the front of the shop. 

If anyone is in or near Rockford, Michigan, please visit Sweetland Chocolates and Coffee! 

Thank you for supporting my blog and for your kind words! They mean the world to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)